Cross River State Government has declared 35 youths wanted for alleged involvement in the recent killings related to cult rivalries in the state.
Over eight persons have been reportedly killed in the last two weeks at separate instances in the state capital, Calabar on cult-related rivalries believed to be between “Black Axe confraternity” and a rivalry called “Klans”.
A statement by the Permanent Secretary on Security, Special Duties Office, Governor’s Office, Calabar, Alfred Mboto said that “the spate of killings and violence taking place in the Calabar metropolis over supremacy of various fraternities is alarming and unacceptable by the government and people of Cross River State.”
“In view of this development, the State has declared the following persons who have been identified as the ring leaders wanted:”
He listed the names of the 35 youths and their nicknames and well as known contact or residential addresses.
Among those listed, include a Councillorship candidate in Calabar South Ward 6 under the PDP and two persons recently released from prisons custody by the Acting Chief Judge of the State under the exercise of the prerogative of mercy and decongestion of prisons as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Names of the 35 youths, nicknames and residential addresses
1. Kufre Ekpo Eyo (Romance) – son of Chief Ndabo Ogote Ekpo Etim of Uwanse, Calabar South.
2. Sampon Joshua Oval (Samsung) – Ikot Effangha, Calabar/Abi LGA.
3. Cyril Bassey (PDP) Councillorship Candidate, Calabar South, Ward 6.
4. Gershom Edem
5. Samuel Emeka Obi #6 Atim Edem Rise street, Calabar
6. Emeka II
7. Cornel Joe Edet (House of Reps. Residence, Apo Quarters, Abuja)
8. Charley – (12 White House Street, Calabar).
9. Junior (Yanky’s son, Charmbley by Punchstreet) Calabar South
10. Supreme Etete -22 White House Street, Calabar South
11. Obong Ete
12. Owatt G. (Dede Younger brother)
14. Deco (Ekpo Iso Street)
16. Francis Nkoro (STAM)
17. Christian (Dr. Dean Street)
18. Small – (19 Charmbley Street, Calabar)
19. Akan – (33 Charmbley Street Calabar)
20. Eteka Bulldog – (Oma Street, Calabar) – Recently granted amnesty by the Acting Chief Judge under Prerogative of Mercy.
21. 1313 – (Akpabuyo)
22. Ita Oku Ndiyo (Odukpani)
23. Okpata (Obasanjo)
25. Edet Ekpo Eyo (Udo Casket) #5 Edibe Edibe Street Calabar South
28. Ete Eka (WAPI)
29. AC Milan
30. Jide (dismissed military Police
31. Andem Dick
32. Charles Awkey
33. Awaji Felix Likam
34. Okon Eyo – Recently granted amnesty by the Acting Chief Judge under Prerogative of Mercy.
35. Charlie – (Prison personnel)
The statement also revealed a handsome reward awaits any person or group of persons who provide useful information that would lead to the arrest of any of the persons so declared wanted.
It warned “that any house/hotel accommodating any of these persons or any other perpetrators of the act will be confiscated and the owner of the property prosecuted accordingly”.