Despite the attacks, Nigerian youths have refused to back down from #EndSARS protests and they are still agitating round the clock even all through the night.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that some #EndSARS protesters pass the night at the protest grounds at the Lekki toll gate and outside the Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa in Ikeja.
It was also learnt that camping tents have now been set up for the protesters to ensure overnight protesters are comfortable.
There are also mobile toilets available for protesters at the Lekki toll gate.
Nigerian youths insist that the protest will continue despite the IGP’s announcement that SARS has been dissolved.
They have released a list of demands, tagged the 5 for 5, which they insist the government must meet to show they are serious about ending SARS and not just paying lip service as has been done in previous years.
The youths insist the protests will continue until these demands are met.
The demands are:
- Immediate release of all arrested protesters in Nigeria.
- Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.
- Setting up an independent body to oversee the investigation & prosecution of all reports of police misconduct (within 10 days).
- In line with the new Police Act, Psychological evaluation & retraining (to be confirmed by an independent body) of all disbanded SARS officers before they are redeployed.
- Increase police salary so they are adequately compensated for protecting lives and properties for citizens.