Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Two PDP members returning from rally in Jos killed, others injured in ghastly auto crash

by Ola Peter
January 13, 2019
in Politics
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Two dead, others injured as they travel home from PDP rally in Jos

Two dead, others injured as they travel home from PDP rally in Jos

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Atiku Abubakar said he was sad that some of his party members were killed and injured during the accident.

Atiku, in a statement by his media adviser, Paul Ibe, confirmed that two members of one of their support groups, Mrs. Christy Dungtou and Mr. Donatus Morkwap, died during a road accident on their way to Shendam after the Jos rally on Saturday.

He explained that Dungtou died at the scene of the accident, while Morkwap passed away as he was being conveyed to General Hospital, Barkin-Ladi.

The ex-VP added that the bodies of the deceased have been deposited at the mortuary in Shendam Local Government Area of Plateau State.

READ ALSO

HEADS-UP: How APC’s two-thirds hold strengthens its command of the national assembly

ANALYSIS: Is the senate becoming a refuge for ex-governors?

Wike vs. Fubara: Will President Tinubu’s fourth intervention succeed?

POWER SHIFT: Is Kwankwaso’s once-solid political structure losing its grip?

Kaduna Politics 2027: Who holds the winning hand ahead of the next contests?

He also said that Mr. Kwalmi Julius was injured and that his condition was critical. He added that Julius was receiving treatment at the Plateau Hospital, Jos.

Atiku further said two other injured victims had been referred to Shendam.

The statement reads: “The former Vice President has directed his campaign organisation to spare no resource in ensuring that those still in hospital received the best of medical care.

“He has also instructed that the campaign take care of the burial cost of the deceased.

“The PDP presidential candidate acknowledges the great efforts and sacrifices of thousands of his support groups and millions of their members in our avowed commitment to Get Nigeria Working Again for the good of all and assures that their sacrifices will not be in vain.”

RELATED STORYPosts

Politics

HEADS-UP: How APC’s two-thirds hold strengthens its command of the national assembly

by Abdulsalam Abdullah Opeyemi
February 17, 2026
Politics

ANALYSIS: Is the senate becoming a refuge for ex-governors?

by Abdulsalam Abdullah Opeyemi
February 13, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName