Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

NFF finally reacts to FIFA’s life ban on Samson Siasia, reveals next action

by Davies Ngere Ify
August 20, 2019
in Sports
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Samson Siasia

Samson Siasia

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Monday, said that it was “shocked” by FIFA’s decision to impose a life ban on the former national coach, Samson Siasia and vowed to overturn it.

FIFA says it banned Siasia, 52, from football, following a long-running investigation into convicted match-fixer, Wilson Raj Perumal.

After his arrest, Perumal collaborated with investigators.

FIFA’s Ethics Committee found Siasia “guilty of having accepted that he would receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.”

READ ALSO

2026 Lagos City Marathon Accident: Aftermath and Official Investigation Updates

Winter Moves — Sadiq, Aribo, Victor Moses… Nigerian footballers reshaping clubs mid-season

FROM BETS TO BEYOND: The rise of online platforms as entertainment destinations

How past disputes at Atalanta could affect Ademola Lookman in Madrid

TRANSFER WATCH: Nigerian players chase last-minute deals as January window edges towards closure

Acting NFF president Seyi Akinwunmi said in a statement, that the FIFA report had been given to the body’s lawyers “to study and provide legal advice to the federation,” he said, adding that Siasia “gave his all for Nigeria.”

The statement added: “The NFF was shocked to learn of the investigation and the subsequent decision by the FIFA Ethics Committee (Adjudicatory Chamber) placing a life ban on Mr. Samson Siasia.

“He is a football legend but most importantly he is a Nigerian.

“We respect the FIFA processes. The least we as a Federation can do is empathize with him at this time make ourselves available to him and hope that in some way he is able to clear his name.”

RELATED STORYPosts

The 2026 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon accident updates
Sports

2026 Lagos City Marathon Accident: Aftermath and Official Investigation Updates

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
Sports

Winter Moves — Sadiq, Aribo, Victor Moses… Nigerian footballers reshaping clubs mid-season

by Abdulsalam Abdullahi Opeyemi
February 7, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName