Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Kidnappers release police inspector and two others after payment of N2m ransom

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
October 31, 2019
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

6 days after the abduction of a police inspector and two other persons, they have been freed by their abductors after paying the sum of N2 million as ransom.

The victims, a police inspector identified as Sylve, a younger brother to the former Chairman of Kuje Area Council, Alhaji Mohammed A. Galadima and Nengbe Mundi were abducted from Rubochi community between Friday and Saturday last week.

According to Daily Trust reports, a family member, who preferred anonymity confirmed the release of the police inspector and two other victims in an interview on Wednesday.

The source said the victims were released around 11 am after the kidnappers had collected one million ransom for the younger brother of former Kuje chairman.

READ ALSO

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

How Nigeria’s Economy Is Shaping Ramadan 2026

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

The source added that the kidnappers collected N550,000 for the police inspector and N400,000 for the third victim, Nengba Mundi respectively.

According to him, the ransom was taken to the kidnappers at a forest in Ggowodi village in Toto local government council of Nasarawa state.

He also said that a N30,000 Glo recharge was purchased for the kidnappers, including one roll of cigarette and a carton of Boska tablet.

“All we can is to thank God that they are all back home safely, which I believed God have answered our prayers for seeing them back to reunite with their families, he said.

RELATED STORYPosts

Citizen Reports

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026
Metro

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName