Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Boko Haram attacks: Zulum rejects military’s plan to relocate two communities

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
January 8, 2020
in National
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Days after Nigerian army revealed its plan to relocate Minok and Jakana communities in Kaga local government, the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum has declared that his government is not in support of the plan.

This was made known by the Governor on Tuesday during his visit to the two communities that came under Boko Haram attacks.

While speaking at the community, Zulum revealed that he had been informed that the military was planning to move inhabitants of the communities to internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps in Maiduguri, the state capital but the move would only compound the humanitarian crisis in the state.

“I call on the chief of army staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Tukur Burutai, to refrain from the action,” he said.

READ ALSO

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

SMART EARNINGS: Five online gigs Nigerians can explore for extra cash in 2026

AIR SAFETY REVIEW: Strengthening Nigeria’s aviation sector beyond basic regulations

INSIGHT: Real-time transmission of results rejected — who gains and who loses?

“In as much as possible, we need to commend the federal government’s effort in the counter insurgency operation, but we are not in support of displacing these communities.

“We are fully behind the military and police with a view to condone and search exercise in the communities to arrest and prosecute all those involved in nefarious activities.

“But we do not want the communities to be displaced. The federal and state government, the National and State Emergency Management Agencies (NEMA and SEMA), humanitarian and development partners should be notified.

“The police, Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) and other security agencies should also be notified so that we can make adequate arrangements.

“I am sure that no information had been passed to the police, the Department of State Security Service (DSS), as well as the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) with respect to the planned evacuation of Jakana and other communities to Maiduguri.”

The governor said the Maiduguri-Damaturu road has not been closed since 2011, but displacing the communities along this road means that commuters plying the road are not safe.

“We are pleading with the federal government to ensure protection of the  the communities on this highway. We appeal to them to ensure protection of life and property. People should freely move around while supporting their desire to punish all those culpable,” he said.

The governor also warned the communities against collaboration with the insurgents and urged them to support the military and security agencies.

RELATED STORYPosts

CB‑WASSCE for students in 2026
National

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
National

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

by Abdulsalam Abdullah
February 16, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName