Friday, February 20, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Mother of Unilag graduate that jumped into Lagoon, breaks silence

by Davies Ngere Ify
February 20, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Mrs Daibo (deceased mom), Toju Davies Daibo (deceased)

Mrs Daibo (deceased mom), Toju Davies Daibo (deceased)

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The mother of Toju Davies Daibo, the Unilag graduate that allegedly jumped into the Lagos Lagoon from the Third Mainland Bridge on Saturday, February 15, 2020, has broken her silence.

In an interview with ChannelsTV, the mother of the deceased, Mrs Daibo, asked the Lagos State government to help bring back her son.

The 22-year-old deceased allegedly jumped into the lagoon from the bridge inward Adeniji Adele, after alighting from an Uber, complaining of stomach issues.

Mrs Daibo said Toju had no history of depression or drug use; he had just finished studying quantity survey from the University of Lagos and was looking forward to his NYSC and then his master’s degree studies in Canada.

READ ALSO

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

How Nigeria’s Economy Is Shaping Ramadan 2026

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

She appealed to the government to find her son and provide answers as to what happened to him.

In an interview with the Cable, his Neighbors spoke about his life before his unfortunate demise. They described him as quiet person who rarely interacted with anyone and was mostly about church functions.

Mr David, one of the neighbors of the deceased, said Toju was a member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

“I saw Davies last week Sunday. You know this is a like a ‘mind-your-business’ kind of area. I know that he stayed with his aunt. We don’t really interact except for church things. He attended the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).I do see him because my own balcony faces theirs, so anytime I am standing there, I do see him with his aunt. He was very quiet. I will say that he didn’t come out like that other boys in the area.” he said

Another neighbor, Mustapha said he met with the deceased on a few occasions. He said the deceased was an ally of his co-worker who was transferred months ago.

“He used to come out once in a while maybe when he wanted to get things. When I first learnt of his death, I didn’t know he was the one people were talking about. But when I saw his picture, I recognised him immediately,” he told TheCable.

“He didn’t really relate with people around here, except one of our workers whom he got along with very well. However, that friend of his has been transferred out of here. While he was here, Davies visited frequently and they discussed about church programmes. They also go hang out very well unlike with rest of us.

I knew him basically on the street. He was such a quiet fellow. I never saw him discussing or arguing with anyone. He went about gently not like some who did as if they owned the street.” Mustapha said

The search for Toju’s body which was suspended over the weekend, however authorities continued the search February 18th.

RELATED STORYPosts

Citizen Reports

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026
Metro

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName