Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Third Mainland Bridge opens ahead of schedule

by Davies Ngere Ify
February 1, 2021
in National
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Lagos State Government has confirmed that casting of the Third Mainland Bridge had been completed and vehicular movement opened as of 12 midnight Sunday, January 31.

Commissioner for transportation Dr Frederic Oladeinde disclosed in a statement on Sunday in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state government announced on January 28 that the bridge would be closed during the weekend to enable completion of repair works on the double-sized expansion.

Oladeinde said that the bridge would, however, be opened ahead of the earlier projected Tuesday, February 2.

READ ALSO

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

SMART EARNINGS: Five online gigs Nigerians can explore for extra cash in 2026

AIR SAFETY REVIEW: Strengthening Nigeria’s aviation sector beyond basic regulations

INSIGHT: Real-time transmission of results rejected — who gains and who loses?

According to him, the earlier movement arrangements of 12.00 a.m. for Lagos Island-bound motorists and 12.00 noon for Mainland bound motorist subsists.

The commissioner expressed gratitude to Lagos residents, especially those affected by the closure, for their understanding.

He assured that the Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led administration would continue to drive infrastructural growth in the state.

“LASG hereby appeals to residents to cooperate with the state government as all other ongoing rehabilitation projects would come to an end in a very short while.

“The benefits, including safety, is for all and sundry,” Oladeinde said.

RELATED STORYPosts

CB‑WASSCE for students in 2026
National

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
National

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

by Abdulsalam Abdullah
February 16, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName