- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mom Sold The First One
Abia police command has arrested members of three suspected child traffickers, who are baby sellers, including 17-year-old Gift Daniel, who sold her two-day-old baby boy for N670, 000.
In an interview with newsmen, Daniel said that she was compelled to sell the baby due to financial difficulties. She said that her first baby, also a boy, was sold by her own mother after delivery, hence she resolve to personally sell the second baby.
“My mother sent me away from the house, when I became pregnant for the second baby and because of the financial difficulties, I started looking for somebody to help me.”
Daniel said that she was given N50,000 by the woman that brokered the transaction, 38-year-old Ngozi Nwaiwu, while the nurse, Kate Charles, who helped her during her delivery, got N30,000.
However, Nwaiwu said she was trying to help Daniel, considering her plight. The state Commissioner of Police, Anthony Ogbizi, said the suspects were arrested by police operatives at Osisioma Aba after a tip-off, while efforts are being made to arrest the buyer, Mrs. Maria and possibly recover the baby.