Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

How I escaped Police plot to stop me from plenary — Saraki

by Ola Peter
July 24, 2018
in National
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Earlier today, Security agencies laid siege on the homes of Saraki and the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu in Abuja.

The move is said to be a ploy to prevent them from making it to the National Assembly today because of a plan by many lawmakers to decamp from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Saraki, however, made his way to the Senate chamber at about 10:40 am. and presided over the plenary.

His deputy, Ekweremadu did not make it to plenary and the siege on his home was still on at midday.

READ ALSO

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

SMART EARNINGS: Five online gigs Nigerians can explore for extra cash in 2026

AIR SAFETY REVIEW: Strengthening Nigeria’s aviation sector beyond basic regulations

INSIGHT: Real-time transmission of results rejected — who gains and who loses?

Reacting to a motion on the siege on his home and that of his deputy, Saraki said the plenary would not have held if not for his preparation.

“The road leading to my place was cordoned off and all cars coming in and out as early as 6:30 were being stopped and you have to come down.

“My convoy was stopped from moving. Given something that one was prepared for, I had my own car too. So the deputy senate president called me and said he could not come here.

“And as you are all aware, very late yesterday, at about 8 p.m., I received a letter asking me to report to the police on a case of this Offa robbery which had been concluded before now.”

Saraki, however, condemned the siege saying it was God that made him escape it.

READ: Offa robberies: I’ve defended myself with police, says Saraki

“But as you all rightly said, if one of our colleagues cannot come out for no fault of his, I don’t see how we can continue to sit and ignore the fact that a presiding officer cannot be here.

“And if it was by the plan, I too, would not be here.

“It was just by the intervention of the almighty God that I was able to get myself here.”

RELATED STORYPosts

CB‑WASSCE for students in 2026
National

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
National

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

by Abdulsalam Abdullah
February 16, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName