- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
It is true that thousands of people have been lured into buying fake android phones (Samsung, Itel, Infinix, Tecno) because of their cheap prices, but it is also true that the motivating factor behind their mistake is a lack of awareness.
Why are there Fake Android Phones?
The reason for fake Samsung, Infinix and Tecno phones is because Samsung galaxy, Infinix and Tecno phones run on android and android is an open source operating system. The source code of the OS is open to all interested parties under open source licenses.
With this, most phone manufacturers take advantage by creating the counterfeit of popular devices. And these companies are doing well in the art of manipulating consumers into buying their knock-off phones at very low prices.
How to Identify Fake Samsung Galaxy Phones
1. Check Samsung phone IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number.
The IMEI number is a unique number for every smartphone. So it is important that the device IMEI will be similar to the manufacture box IMEI number. In other to check the IMEI Number of your Samsung device, simply dial *#06#.
2. Samsung Code Test
In an original Samsung phone, you will get some software and hardware info by dialing some codes from dial pad. Simply dial the following codes from the dial pad.
*#1234# (View SW Version PDA, CSC, MODEM)
*#0*# (Samsung General Test Mode)
*#12580369# (Device SW & HW Info)
*#197328640# (Service Mode)
*#0228# (ADC Reading)
*#32489# (Ciphering Info)
*#232337# (Bluetooth Address)
*#232331# (Bluetooth Test Mode)
Be smart enough to understand that the device you are holding is likely to be fake if it does not bear these codes on it.
3. Check Samsung Phone Camera
Any original Samsung phone camera is capable of capturing full regulation clear and Sharp photo. In a fake or clone Samsung phone, camera regulation will be like original but it’s image quality will be dull and poor.
How to Identify a Fake Infinix Smartphone
Infinix has put in measures to checkmate counterfeit Infinix smartphones in the market beginning from the one you are holding.