Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Jussie Smollett denies paying 2 Nigerian brothers to attack him

by Davies Ngere Ify
February 17, 2019
in General
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Lawyer of the US actor  Jussie Smollett have said the actor has denied paying 2 Nigerian brothers to attack him last month.

Their statement came after it was reported in news media that police believed the actor may have staged the attack, which reportedly happened on January 29th, on himself.

There have been reports that the two Nigerian brothers, Abimbola Abel and Olabinjo Ola Osundairo might have been paid off by Smollett to stage the attack.
The brothers were arrested on February 13, 2019, in connection to the case.
They were picked up at the airport in Chicago after they arrived from Nigeria where they had gone to spend some time with their family.

However in their reaction, his lawyers Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson said:

“Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with,”

“He has now been further victimised by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”

One of the brothers is Smollett’s personal trainer, and the lawyers said it was “impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity”.

READ ALSO

What AGN knew, What it did not know: Inside the Guild’s careful response to Stanley Amandi’s Coup Arrest .

My Ordeals In The Hands Of My Abductors,Narrates Enugu-born Surveyor

NIGERIA AT A CROSSROADS: Trump’s CPC tag, escalating violence and pressing questions

Analysis: Attacks on Women, Ritual Activities Continue To Gain Momentum In Nigeria

Detailing the Hollywoodbets register process

RELATED STORYPosts

General

What AGN knew, What it did not know: Inside the Guild’s careful response to Stanley Amandi’s Coup Arrest .

by Samuel David
February 2, 2026
General

My Ordeals In The Hands Of My Abductors,Narrates Enugu-born Surveyor

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
December 19, 2025

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName