- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
A newly appointed task force chairman identified as Ubong Udofia in charge of Itam Park, Itu local government area of Akwa Ibom state, was allegedly killed yesterday by police officers.
According to online reports, one of the police officers who was off duty, went to load his vehicle outside the park, by Itam Peace Column against the regulation of N.U.R.T. W.
The task force team who are in charge of the park had an encounter with policeman before he called his colleagues attached to Julius Berger company.
The policemen reportedly came in two Hilux vans and shot sporadically. The task force chairman was allegedly and shot dead by the officers.
They escaped and left one of their ID cards at the scene. See photos below.