- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
There is chaos as the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport in Owerri, Imo state, is currently on fire.
The cause of the fire outbreak is yet to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report as men of the state fire service and other emergency officials are currently at the scene trying to put out the fire.
The facility is the first state-government built airport but it was later taken over by the Federal Government and handed over to FAAN to manage.
Watch video below.
See more photos from the scene below.