- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Man appears in court for allegedly setting woman on fire
40-year-old man, Gerald Edem, on Friday, appeared in an Ebute Meta Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly setting a woman ablaze.
Edem, is standing trial for causing grievous harm before Magistrate Tolu Agbona.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The prosecutor, Insp D. Raphael, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on April 28 at 7.50.p.m. at No. 3, Auntu Kemi St., Aga-Ikorodu.
Raphael alleged that the defendant poured kerosene on the complainant, Gladys Chuks, and set her ablaze causing her grievous bodily harm.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 245 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Agbona admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 bail with two sureties, each in like sum.
He ordered that the sureties must show evidence of three years tax payments to the Lagos State Government.
The case was adjourned until June 11