- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Man appears in court for allegedly setting woman on fire
40-year-old man, Gerald Edem, on Friday, appeared in an Ebute Meta Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly setting a woman ablaze.
Edem, is standing trial for causing grievous harm before Magistrate Tolu Agbona.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The prosecutor, Insp D. Raphael, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on April 28 at 7.50.p.m. at No. 3, Auntu Kemi St., Aga-Ikorodu.
Raphael alleged that the defendant poured kerosene on the complainant, Gladys Chuks, and set her ablaze causing her grievous bodily harm.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of Section 245 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Agbona admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 bail with two sureties, each in like sum.
He ordered that the sureties must show evidence of three years tax payments to the Lagos State Government.
The case was adjourned until June 11