Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

4 months after, Police re-arrest Islamic cleric over rape allegation in Osun

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
November 24, 2019
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Stock photo depicting rape

Stock photo depicting rape

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Four months after Abdulrahman Habeebulah raped a 16-year-old girl attending his Quranic school in Ede community, the rape suspect has been re-arrested by the police in which the case was re-opened.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the trial was initially stalled after the suspect claimed the victim was his wife and the rape allegation was dismissed without any compensation for the victim. The family of the suspect opted for an out-of-court settlement.

It was further learnt that he was also not able to provide evidence of the marriage which was debunked by the girl and her family.

According to PREMIUM TIMES reports, elder brother of the victim, Muideen Oloyede confirmed that the case was re-opened and transferred to the state criminal investigation department in Osogbo after his family was summoned by the police.

READ ALSO

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

“The police said they got a signal when we went there last week. Although they did not show us the signal, we were told it was owing to a series of petitions the IGP got,” he said.

“I’ve spent a lot on the case till the point that I already gave up. Since the family had earlier opted for a settlement, I was disappointed and handed over everything to God.”

It was gathered that Mr Abdulrahman was re-arrested on Thursday November 21, following a petition written by a human rights group, RULAAC.

Nigeria police spokesperson, Frank Mba said the group had written them demanding the re-arrest and prosecution of the Islamic cleric for rape.

“Nwanguma is really following up that case,” Mr Mba Anti-trafficking agency, NAPTIP is also conducting its investigation on the case.

RELATED STORYPosts

Lady Mirabel's rape claims at Lagos apartment
Metro

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026
Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName