Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Court Orders Oluwo Of Iwo To Appear Over Alleged Assault

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
March 6, 2020
in National
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi

Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A Magistrate Court, sitting in Osogbo, Osun state capital on Friday ordered the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, to appear in court over an alleged assault.

The Court granted an exparte motion, compelling the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi to appear before it in matter instituted against him by the Agbowu of Ogbaagba, Oba Dhikirulahi Akinropo.

When the matter came up before the court, presided over by Magistrate Olusegun Ayilara, Oluwo was not in court and was not represented by any counsel.

However, speaking with newsmen, counsel to Oba Akinropo, Barrister Soji Oyetayo said: “the motion that was filed in respect of leave was the order that was granted by the court today.”

READ ALSO

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

SMART EARNINGS: Five online gigs Nigerians can explore for extra cash in 2026

AIR SAFETY REVIEW: Strengthening Nigeria’s aviation sector beyond basic regulations

INSIGHT: Real-time transmission of results rejected — who gains and who loses?

According to him, “we sought an order seeking leave of the court to file another application to bind him (Oluwo) over. That was the application that was heard and granted today. When we file a motion on notice, it will be fixed for hearing and by then we would respond to the motion on notice.”

It is recalled that Agbowu of Ogbaagba, Oba Dhikirullahi Akinropo had instituted a case of alleged assault against the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Adewale Akanbi before an Osun State Magistrate Court.

He alleged that Oba Akanbi assaulted him at the office of the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 11 last month, just as also sought the payment of N100 million as general damages for the assault on his person.

According to the writ of summons signed by his lawyer, Barrister Soji Oyetayo, Agbowu also sought the court to grant the award of N1 million against the defendants as cost of enlisting legal service.

Oba Akinropo further asked the court to prevent Oba Akanbi from intimidating, harassing nor threaten to attack him, saying he should be compelled to desist from any action that could cause a breach of peace anywhere in Iwo, Ayedire, and Olaoluwa Local Government areas of the state.

In a writ of summons dated 27th of Feb, 2020, supported by a 39 paragraphs statement of claims, the monarch said the Oluwo allegedly him at the AIG office, in the presence of other monarchs and some member of the state executive council, inflicting injury on him which was later treated at the State Specialist Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo.

In the writ, six other monarchs from the three local governments who claimed to be available during the alleged assault deposed to affidavits to testify on behalf of the Agbowu.

RELATED STORYPosts

CB‑WASSCE for students in 2026
National

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

by Samuel David
February 16, 2026
National

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

by Abdulsalam Abdullah
February 16, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName