Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Boko Haram kill 69 in fresh attack on Borno

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
June 10, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
44 suspected Boko Haram members found dead in prison
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Suspected members of Boko Haram insurgents have reportedly killed 69 people in a fresh attack in Borno state.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the attackers who stormed the Borno community in the early hours of Wednesday targeted Gubio residents.

It was also learnt that the attack was in retaliation of the killingof some members of the sect almost a year ago.

According to local sources, the gory attack claimed 69 lives as some of them described the incident as a pogrom.

READ ALSO

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

How Nigeria’s Economy Is Shaping Ramadan 2026

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

“We counted up to a total of 69 corpses”, a local hunter said, Haruna Gubio said. He continued that “the attackers opened fire on anybody in sight both adults and children,” a resident said.

There are also unverified reports that the insurgents rustled many cows in the communities during the attack.

No official statement has been issued by the army in respect of the attack at the time of filing this report but the Civil Society Organisation expressed sadness over the unfortunate incident.

The Head of the Coalition of the CSO in Borno State, Malam Ahmed Shehu on the Whatsup page of the Forum described the situation as “sad and barbaric”.

The statement on the whatsup handle reads: “That was a piece of very sad news, it seems like we are going back to the old days of the insurgent killing and abducting soft target in villages and along major roads, ” he said.

“Of recent Northern Borno route has become a no go area…as the insurgents will mount a roadblock, screen commuters, and kidnap humanitarian workers only.

“Last week, five people were kidnapped through the same process, among them was Abdurahman, a SEMA Camp Chairman in Monguno, whose wedding day was fixed for last Sunday and three others.

“On Sunday, the route was attacked again and commuters were assembled and strategically engaged in video-recorded discussions by the insurgents for almost an hour.

“From the information available civil servants and teachers documents were seized and later returned and about four people were abducted. There is urgent for the protection of vulnerable civilians and local aid workers,” the statement said.

Gov. Babagana Umara Zulum is reportedly said to have left for Gubio to assess the level of impact of the attack.

RELATED STORYPosts

Citizen Reports

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026
Metro

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName