Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Burna Boy responds after SA singer Sho Madjozi accused him of taking down song, ‘Own It’ remix

by Davies Ngere Ify
June 26, 2020
in Entertainment
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Burna Boy responds after Sho Madjozi accused him of taking down song
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

South African singer, Sho Madjozi, has taken to social media to accuse Burna Boy of taking down Own It remix in which she featured.

She wrote:

“For those asking where the #Ownitremix is, after I got nominated alongside him for BET Best International Act, Burna boy asked Stormzy’s team to take down the song immediately.”

Own It by British rapper Stormzy, originally features Ed Sheeran and Burna Boy.

A remix featuring Sho Madjozi was released in May, however, the song has now been taken down. Madjozi revealed that Burna Boy was cool with her at the 2019 BET Awards but everything changed when she got nominated for the 2020 Awards.

READ ALSO

Did Rosy Meurer really unfollow Olakunle Churchill after his son’s birthday celebration with Tonto Dikeh? Here’s what we know

Sexual assault: Simi under fire on X — Full story on what she said & why X users are angry

Is There Trouble in Rosy Meurer and Olakunle Churchill’s Marriage? Inside the Instagram Drama

Why Femi Otedola called Dangote Refinery the ‘8th Wonder of the World’ after his 15 February 2026 Visit

Billboard’s 25 biggest one‑Hit wonders of the 21st Century revealed: How Rema ranked and why fans disagree

Madjozi claims Burna Boy took the song down because he felt she was a threat. The self-acclaimed African giant is up for Best International Act for the second year in a row after taking home the award in 2019. Meanwhile, Sho Madjozi bagged the award for Best New International Act last year.

She wrote:

“Well, i guess it’s a good sign if manna shook. Last year BB and I were cool at the BETs. I guess everyone thought this little girl isn’t a threat, now same category!?!? It’s shaking”

“In the words of the great Toni Morrison, ‘If you can only be tall because someone else is on their knees, then you have a serious problem.’ This world is full of bullies. If I leave any message at all from the life I’ve lived, I hope it’s to not be discouraged and to not be intimidated. To stay loving, kind and honest in the face of cruelty.

“I’m also the only woman in the category for best international act. Next year let’s have more. Goodluck to everyone nominated. It’s up to the judges now  (I hope they heard my own it verse before it was taken down)”

Burna Boy in his response to the accusation, claimed he had nothing to do with it.

“Own It is NOT my song.If my voice is on it however it should have been properly cleared.If the remix wasn’t cleared with the label(Atlantic US)it automatically gets flagged. Nothing to do with me personally or any award. Always best to reach out professionally. Congrats on BET’s!” he wrote on Twitter.

RELATED STORYPosts

Rosy Meurer| Tonto Dikeh| Olakunle Churchill
Entertainment

Did Rosy Meurer really unfollow Olakunle Churchill after his son’s birthday celebration with Tonto Dikeh? Here’s what we know

by Ifeoluwa
February 18, 2026
Simi| Mirabel| Fems
Entertainment

Sexual assault: Simi under fire on X — Full story on what she said & why X users are angry

by Ifeoluwa
February 18, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Electoral Act Amendment: APC and the illusion of progressivism

by Afolabi Hakim
15:50 Feb 18, 2026

On Monday, the lower chamber, the House of Representatives, and the upper…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName