Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Nigeria minister, Dare narrates how DSS saved him when hoodlums broke into Soun of Ogbomosho’s palace

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
October 12, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Nigeria’s minister of youth and sports, Sunday Dare has explained how he was attacked at the palace of Oladunni Oyewumi, Soun of Ogbomosho on Sunday.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the sports minister who is an indigene of the ancient town, Ogbomosho said he was in a meeting with Oyewumi and some chiefs when aggrieved youth invaded the palace.

Dare said from the way the “intruders” behaved, it was clear that they were not part of the #EndSARS protest which started late last week.

He added that security operatives from Ibadan and Ilorin were now on ground to protect the town and stop “criminal elements.”

READ ALSO

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

Ogbomoso-Hoodlums, thugs & miscreants distrupt stakeholders meeting in Soun’s palace now-invading, stoning and breaking doors, glasses. Soun, myself and council chiefs were scurried into safety by the police and DSS. Ogbomoso youth are law abiding. But hoodlums have taken over ..

— Sunday Dare,CON (@SundayDareSD) October 11, 2020

The hoodlums broke into the palace and destroyed chairs, overturned tables, broke windows. These were not Youth or Students. These were miscreants and thugs who saw a window of opportunity in the protest which since abated. Thankfully.Soun, the chiefs, leaders of Parapo are safe pic.twitter.com/B00XvMNZBl

— Sunday Dare,CON (@SundayDareSD) October 11, 2020

Speaking on the development, a Twitter user disclosed that police opened fire on the protesters who converged on the palace over the killing of an #EndSARS protester on Saturday.

Recall that the deceased protester identified as Jimoh Isiaq was shot dead during the demonstration against brutality and extra- judicial killings.

“Ogbomosho is at War!! The @PoliceNG murdered a resident at yesterday’s protest and still in denial of murder. In pains, residents matched to the palace to protest. 2secs, Naso palace scatter. Even chief chop stone for Head. Ogbomosho is not safe right now!! #ENDSARS, ” a Twitter user wrote.

One of the users also wrote, ” THE OYO STATE POLICE COMMAND HAS DECLARED WAR ON PROTESTERS IN OGBOMOSO #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality.”

Ogbomosho is at War!! The @PoliceNG murdered a resident at yesterday’s protest and still in denial of murder. In pains, residents matched to the palace to protest. 2secs, Naso palace scatter. Even chief chop stone for Head. Ogbomosho is not safe right now!! #ENDSARS pic.twitter.com/9ksRk2Qn5L

— SunCrypt (@shank_comics) October 11, 2020

THE OYO STATE POLICE COMMAND HAS DECLARED WAR ON PROTESTERS IN OGBOMOSO #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality pic.twitter.com/wBL4Du6vIO

— JJ. Omojuwa (@Omojuwa) October 11, 2020

Some witnesses said four persons who sustained gunshot injuries were being treated at Bowen University Teaching Hospital.

RELATED STORYPosts

Lady Mirabel's rape claims at Lagos apartment
Metro

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026
Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName