Friday, February 20, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Public, private schools remain closed in Lagos despite relaxation of curfew

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
October 25, 2020
in National
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Lagos state government has announced that private and public schools in the state are to remain closed despite relaxation of its curfew.

The declaration was made by the Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso on Sunday.

Omotoso who had tweeted only public schools remained closed said the closure order had been extended to all schools.

He said: “The curfew in Lagos State has been reviewed. Restriction time is now 8 pm to 6 am. Lagosians are enjoined to plan their journey times as they go about their lawful businesses.

READ ALSO

World Bank cuts funding to the Central Bank of Nigeria – What changed behind the scenes

Petrol War: How Nigerian Retailers recently slashed Pump Prices

2025 Nigeria TI Corruption Index Rating: Socioeconomic Impacts On The Country

What Students must do before sitting for CB‑WASSCE in 2026

SECURITY WATCH: 316 lives lost to armed attacks 71 days after Tinubu’s emergency on security

“All schools remain shut till further notice.”

Private schools in the state were preparing to resume on Monday before the new development.

In a statement titled reopening of schools after #EndSARS protests, the National Association of Private Schools through its spokesperson, Amusa Olawale hinted members of the association that they had the go-ahead to resume.

The statement reads:

“It is a pleasure to inform you that our Hon. Commissioner has given approval to the resumption of schools on Monday, October 26, 2020.

“Members are to abide by the curfew requirements and any other directives of Lagos State Governor relating curfew and #ENDSARS protests.

“We must equally study security situations in areas where we operate, be sensitive to any sign of disturbance, and adhere strictly to COVID-19 Protocols.

“To justify the kind gestures of the Commissioner, we must pay attention to the safety of our learners, staff, and parents of our schools.”

RELATED STORYPosts

Central Bank of Nigeria and World Bank
National

World Bank cuts funding to the Central Bank of Nigeria – What changed behind the scenes

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026
Petrol pump prices slash: Nigerian Retailers
National

Petrol War: How Nigerian Retailers recently slashed Pump Prices

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName