Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

Zabarmari’s massacre: We informed military of the attack but nothing was done, says survivor

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
November 30, 2020
in Metro
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

One of the survivors of Zabarmari’s massacre in Borno state has alleged that the villagers alerted the military about an imminent attack but “nothing was done”.

WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that The Boko Haram Terrorist group on Saturday beheaded 43 farmers in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

The military authorities said 43 farmers were murdered but the UN had placed the number of those killed above 100.

In a report credited to Daily Trust, Abubakar Salihu, one of the survivors said they envisaged the attack after  they caught one of the Boko Haram members.

READ ALSO

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

How Nigeria’s Economy Is Shaping Ramadan 2026

Lady alleges rape in Lagos Apartment: Investigation Updates and Key Questions

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

“We informed the military beforehand that our members sighted Boko Haram in large numbers but nothing was done about it,” Salihu was quoted to have said.

“It was a sad day for us in Zabarmari; it could have been averted but the military failed to act on the information we gave them.”

But speaking on the issue when he was asked how the army did not get wind of the attack, John Enenche, defence spokesman, said the reluctance to provide information on the part of the locals in the northeast is one of the issues the military is contending with in the fight against insurgency.

Enenche spoke when he featured on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme, on Monday.

“That has been our worry. It’s a concern for us. For instance, you need a guide, you need information. Will they tell us? That’s a question that we have to ask. Yes, sometimes. And most times, no,” he said.

“And that was one of the issues we have been ensuring to overcome, with civil-military cooperation activities, reaching out to them, even sending people by proxy to talk to them.

“Those are the things that have been one of the banes of the final success in the whole of this operation.

“But gradually we believe from the moves made from all stakeholders we are going to overcome that finally, it will become normal criminality that can be handled easily.”

RELATED STORYPosts

Citizen Reports

Enugu Community Mourns As Ancestral Tree Falls, Kills 11 Passengers

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026
Metro

INSIDE STORY: How UNN 300-Level Student Allegedly Stabbed Himself To Death

by Nnadi Christopher Ikechukwu
February 19, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName