Benue State Varsity SUG President, Agudo Dies Of Suspected Food Poisoning Shortly After Being Sworn In
Manasseh Agudo, the newly elected Student Union Government President of Benue State Varsity, has died of suspected food poisoning.
Agudo’s death is coming just few weeks after he was sworn in as president of the National Union of Benue State Students.
The students had held an election during their convention in February 2021 in Makurdi, where Agudo emerged as the winner.
According to Sahara Reporters, some days after his swearing-in, the young man fell ill and was rushed to the hospital.
Agudo was later confirmed dead at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital where his body had been deposited at the facility’s mortuary.
A source from the students union told newsmen that they were told the SUG president died from a strange infection resulting from food poisoning.
“I spoke to this dude during the Nasarawa State Polytechnic protest where he issued a stern warning (to security operatives) to stop the arrests of innocent persons,” the source said.