Generator fume kills four family members in Kwara
The Ojomu family house of Sanmora, in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, was thrown into mourning following the death of four members of the family killed by generator fume.
A family source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, disclosed that “The family of four slept with their generator on inside the house.”
Their lifeless bodies were discovered early Wednesday morning.
The head of the house, his two wives and one of his children, were found dead.
WITHIN NIGERIA gathered that two of the family members who were found unconscious have been hospitalised, although in critical condition.
One of the sources said, “We discovered their bodies this morning (Wednesday) – the head of the house, his wife and her friend and the friend to one of his children who joined them to celebrate Sallah from Lagos.
“They celebrated into the night and later fell asleep with the generator on. One of the aged women in the compound who wanted to greet them this morning (Wednesday) discovered their bodies and raised the alarm.