- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
Mapoly students protest over non-resumption of academic activities
Students of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY), Abeokuta are currently protesting against non-resumption of academic activities in their institution for months.
Angry Mapoly students who are currently occupying major streets of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital in a protest tagged, “BLACK WEEK” which started today are demanding immediate resumption of academic activities in the institution.
They noted that it was unfortunate that the Ogun State Government, owner of the institution was insensitive to the plight of the workers who went on strike due to non-payment of their salary for many months.
They, however, urged the state government under the leadership of Governor Ibikunle Amosun to settle the workers so as to allow them return to their classes.
The students it was gathered are currently protesting through major areas such as Kolobo, Oke-Mosan and OPIC area among others.
The angry students noted that the protest was necessary to allow the final year students of the institution write their final examinations and allow others promote to the next academic levels on time.
A resident of Abeokuta while sympathising with the students in a telephone conversation with DAILY POST confirmed the protest.
He informed that the lecturers in the institution had embarked on the strike even before the nationwide strike declared by Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP).