- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Two men fined N1million for blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s convoy
Two men, Ahmed Abdullahi, and Nura Musa were on Tuesday arraigned in a Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court sitting in Abuja, for allegedly blocking the convoy of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.
Abdullahi, 37, and Musa, 23, both of Asokoro, Abuja, are facing a 1-count charge of public nuisance. The prosecutor, Adeniyi Oyeyemi, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on February 24 at Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Oyeyemi said the defendants unlawfully parked their car and blocked the road and sat unconcerned until the security of the governor came down to arrest them.
He said during a search of their vehicle, a bottle of codeine was found.
The offence, according to the police, contravened Section 183 of the Penal Code.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Magistrate, Emenisi Ebiwari, granted them bail in the sum of N500, 000 each and a surety in like sum.
Ebiwari adjourned the case until March 15 for further hearing.