- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Two men fined N1million for blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s convoy
Two men, Ahmed Abdullahi, and Nura Musa were on Tuesday arraigned in a Wuse Zone 2 Magistrates’ Court sitting in Abuja, for allegedly blocking the convoy of Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello.
Abdullahi, 37, and Musa, 23, both of Asokoro, Abuja, are facing a 1-count charge of public nuisance. The prosecutor, Adeniyi Oyeyemi, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on February 24 at Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Oyeyemi said the defendants unlawfully parked their car and blocked the road and sat unconcerned until the security of the governor came down to arrest them.
He said during a search of their vehicle, a bottle of codeine was found.
The offence, according to the police, contravened Section 183 of the Penal Code.
The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Magistrate, Emenisi Ebiwari, granted them bail in the sum of N500, 000 each and a surety in like sum.
Ebiwari adjourned the case until March 15 for further hearing.