- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Mother of 4 use heated iron, hot water to torture housemaid she brought from Village (Photos)
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested one Nkeiruka Ngwu, female, 36 years old of 47 Ogundana Street, off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, a mother of four children, for physically abusing her ten- year -old househelp by name Chioma Samuel whom she brought to Lagos from Umuoju, Ngwu in Abia State sometime in January 2018 after the death of the girl’s father.
A statement by the Police spokesperson, SP Chike Oti, says Nkeiruka Ngwu has made life a living hell for the child. Chioma has been mentally and physically abused with many injury marks to show for it. Her latest tale of woes was recorded on Wednesday 7th of March, 2018 when the suspect allegedly used a well heated clothes iron to cause grievous injury on the victim’s hands and legs. She also poured hot water on her which scalded her skin.
However, on Thursday 8 March, 2018, Nkeiru’s cup of iniquity got filled when she brought her children to a private school located somewhere in Ikeja, unfortunately for her, the prying eyes of other mothers who came to the same school to drop off their kids, noticed the gaping wounds on the upper and lower limbs of the victim who accompanied the suspect to the school.
After questioning the girl, they waited for her Madam who had gone to drop her kids in their different classrooms. When she finished and was about to drive off, she was confronted by these women who nearly mobbed her. They were calmed by some teachers who heard their voices. The women told the suspect to take the girl to a hospital or else they would petition the Commissioner of Police Lagos State whom Lagosians have come to know as one who takes strong stance against such crimes and other related crimes against children, women and vulnerable persons in the society.
In spite of their warning to report her to the authorities, Mrs Nkeiruka Ngwu like the proverbial dog that wouldn’t hearken to its master’s clarion call when death is lurking around the corner, stubbornly came to the school on Friday 9th March, 2018, accompanied by the child victim whose wounds were manifestly untreated.
On seeing that their warnings were taken for granted, the women made good their promise to call the attention of the Commissioner of Police,Lagos State to the matter. The CP immediately ordered the arrest of the woman and directed the Gender Section of the Command to take the child-victim to police hospital for proper treatment. They are to ensure that the girl is fed very well until the Social Welfare Department of the Lagos State Government come for the girl .
Investigation into the case is in progress meanwhile the adult offender would have her day in the court of law on Monday 12th March, 2018.