- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
The attack occurred when the police officers were on a patrol from Anyibe to Ayilamo in Logo LGA of the state.
One police vehicle was set ablaze, while some houses were also burned down during the attack.
Spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, Moses Yamu, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Monday said that additional forces had been deployed to track down the murderous gang.
“Sadly, at the moment, four casualties have been suffered by the Police. Additional reinforcement including the Air Asset of the Police deployed by the Inspector General of Police is in pursuit of the murderous gang.
They shall definitely be apprehended with their weapons of destruction and made to face the full wrath of the law,” the police statement read in part.” said Yamu.