- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
The attack occurred when the police officers were on a patrol from Anyibe to Ayilamo in Logo LGA of the state.
One police vehicle was set ablaze, while some houses were also burned down during the attack.
Spokesperson for the Benue State Police Command, Moses Yamu, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Monday said that additional forces had been deployed to track down the murderous gang.
“Sadly, at the moment, four casualties have been suffered by the Police. Additional reinforcement including the Air Asset of the Police deployed by the Inspector General of Police is in pursuit of the murderous gang.
They shall definitely be apprehended with their weapons of destruction and made to face the full wrath of the law,” the police statement read in part.” said Yamu.