- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
The CP of the Lagos Ports Command, Celestine Okoye, has since ordered for the container to be traced and also the arrest of the importer and others connected with the importation within 24 hours. Read the report below.
“It was gathered that before the container disappeared from the port, policemen promptly informed the Commissioner of the move and he swiftly gave directives through a letter, that it should not be cleared pending thorough checks.
However, according to sources, after receiving the letter, Port officials at the terminal allegedly cleared the container claiming later that they contacted Marine Police before clearing the container. They alleged that the container had already left the Port before they received the letter from Police.
Piqued by this development, CP Okoye, reportedly contacted his counterpart at the Marine, who denied knowledge of the clearance. Based on this development, sources said, the CP directed his men to get all facts relating to the container including the identity of the importer and those involved in its illegal clearance within 24 hours.
Vanguard gathered that the police bent on recovering the container, rounded up all those involved in its importation on suspicion that they might be the gang that masterminded the importation of dangerous weapons seized at the Port, not long ago.
According to the source: “All the officials at the Port involved in the deal are feeding fat on this and they believe that nobody can stop them from doing this dirty and dangerous business.”