- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
The CP of the Lagos Ports Command, Celestine Okoye, has since ordered for the container to be traced and also the arrest of the importer and others connected with the importation within 24 hours. Read the report below.
“It was gathered that before the container disappeared from the port, policemen promptly informed the Commissioner of the move and he swiftly gave directives through a letter, that it should not be cleared pending thorough checks.
However, according to sources, after receiving the letter, Port officials at the terminal allegedly cleared the container claiming later that they contacted Marine Police before clearing the container. They alleged that the container had already left the Port before they received the letter from Police.
Piqued by this development, CP Okoye, reportedly contacted his counterpart at the Marine, who denied knowledge of the clearance. Based on this development, sources said, the CP directed his men to get all facts relating to the container including the identity of the importer and those involved in its illegal clearance within 24 hours.
Vanguard gathered that the police bent on recovering the container, rounded up all those involved in its importation on suspicion that they might be the gang that masterminded the importation of dangerous weapons seized at the Port, not long ago.
According to the source: “All the officials at the Port involved in the deal are feeding fat on this and they believe that nobody can stop them from doing this dirty and dangerous business.”