- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
PDP, APC Members Occupies 2018 Top Richest Politicians in Nigeria, with $50bn as highest Networth
These are the richest Nigerian politicians in 2018 and their estimated net worth. Unfortunately, politics has become more of a business in Nigeria. In saner climes, politicians are not necessarily rich, but the reverse is the case in Nigeria.
Politics in Nigeria is a dirty game and those who play it are called politicians. These set of people are rich or wealthy, majority of them earn or loot money through the stroke of their signatures.
A lot of rich Politicians outside the official appointed government leaders allegedly regulate the constitution, draft rules, place and manipulate the government policies, influence decisions of sister nations directly and indirectly, and lastly, they maximize and leverage the natural and material resources in a nation.
In Nigeria, some of the richest individuals are the politicians who divert funds meant for economic advancement and development into their pockets. Imagine a man pocketing funds meant to be shared among over 200 million people.
Nigeria has become a nation where anything works. The politicians who are responsible for developing the state stay back and lavish the billions, if not trillions. When they fix a road, or build a public library or school, we praise them like it’s something they did out of their private pockets.
Who is the richest politician in Nigeria?
Recently, the battle of the wealthiest politician in Nigeria has been between Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his co-party member, Rochas Okorocha who hails from Imo State. Some have argued that Bola Ahmed Tinubu should be the richest or even first on the list. However assets and net worth has helped us to clarify and develop a better list of top 10 richest Politicians in Nigeria and neither Tinubu nor Rochas was ranked #1 according to estimated net worth.
Here are the top 10 richest politicians in Nigeria.
10. Ben Murray-Bruce | Estimated net worth – $715 million.
A lot of people I know classify Ben Murray-Bruce as one of the most sensible Nigerian politicians. He is brilliant, takes no sides, sharp to talk, and he’s one of the richest politicians in Nigerian. He represents the Bayelsa East constituency in the Nigerian senate house.
He’s also one of the few politicians who post, tweet, retweet, and publish content on social media networks. This has earned him a title as the most socially active politician in the country. This is because a lot of Nigerian politicians burry their eyes in newspapers, and a lot do not actually know how to use these social tools.
They would rather have a committee set up to update their timelines, or profiles for them. Aside being a politician, Ben Murray-Bruce is motivational speaker, and businessperson.
He banks money from his political career and other channels. From the year 1999 to 2003, he served as the director general of popular independent Nigerian TV channel authority, NTA (Nigerian Television Authority).