- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
PDP, APC Members Occupies 2018 Top Richest Politicians in Nigeria, with $50bn as highest Networth
These are the richest Nigerian politicians in 2018 and their estimated net worth. Unfortunately, politics has become more of a business in Nigeria. In saner climes, politicians are not necessarily rich, but the reverse is the case in Nigeria.
Politics in Nigeria is a dirty game and those who play it are called politicians. These set of people are rich or wealthy, majority of them earn or loot money through the stroke of their signatures.
A lot of rich Politicians outside the official appointed government leaders allegedly regulate the constitution, draft rules, place and manipulate the government policies, influence decisions of sister nations directly and indirectly, and lastly, they maximize and leverage the natural and material resources in a nation.
In Nigeria, some of the richest individuals are the politicians who divert funds meant for economic advancement and development into their pockets. Imagine a man pocketing funds meant to be shared among over 200 million people.
Nigeria has become a nation where anything works. The politicians who are responsible for developing the state stay back and lavish the billions, if not trillions. When they fix a road, or build a public library or school, we praise them like it’s something they did out of their private pockets.
Who is the richest politician in Nigeria?
Recently, the battle of the wealthiest politician in Nigeria has been between Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his co-party member, Rochas Okorocha who hails from Imo State. Some have argued that Bola Ahmed Tinubu should be the richest or even first on the list. However assets and net worth has helped us to clarify and develop a better list of top 10 richest Politicians in Nigeria and neither Tinubu nor Rochas was ranked #1 according to estimated net worth.
Here are the top 10 richest politicians in Nigeria.
10. Ben Murray-Bruce | Estimated net worth – $715 million.
A lot of people I know classify Ben Murray-Bruce as one of the most sensible Nigerian politicians. He is brilliant, takes no sides, sharp to talk, and he’s one of the richest politicians in Nigerian. He represents the Bayelsa East constituency in the Nigerian senate house.
He’s also one of the few politicians who post, tweet, retweet, and publish content on social media networks. This has earned him a title as the most socially active politician in the country. This is because a lot of Nigerian politicians burry their eyes in newspapers, and a lot do not actually know how to use these social tools.
They would rather have a committee set up to update their timelines, or profiles for them. Aside being a politician, Ben Murray-Bruce is motivational speaker, and businessperson.
He banks money from his political career and other channels. From the year 1999 to 2003, he served as the director general of popular independent Nigerian TV channel authority, NTA (Nigerian Television Authority).