- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Two youths die while celebrating release Ex-governor, Jonah Jang
Two youths allegedly killed, others wounded while celebrating release of former Plateau State governor, Jonah Jang.
Two Nigerian youths from Tudun Wada in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State died on Thursday and Friday, May 25, while celebrating the conditional release of a former governor of the state, Jonah David Jang, by a Jos High Court.
The deceased identified as Peter Sirfwang Kefas and Jerry Sunday, were among a group of merry-makers speeding in a bus along Rayfield Club when the driver lost control of the vehicle.
According to reports, hundreds of youths, mostly supporters of Jang who now represents Plateau North in the Senate, had turned out Thursday in solidarity with the senator who is facing a 12-count charge of corruption and misappropriation of N6.3 billion while in office.
Some of the youths were seen hanging from vehicles that sped along major highways.