- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
Togolese man extort N300,000 monthly from Lagosians by impersonating Task Force
Lagos State Task Force arrest Togolese man for extortion and impersonation.
Operatives of the Lagos State Task Force, over the weekend, arrested a 35-year-old Togolese man identified as Friday Kojo around Ikeja railway line, for impersonation and extortion with a fake Lagos Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC) identity card.
The suspect and 3 others who are currently at large, paraded themselves as officers of LAGESC with fake identity cards in disguise and defrauded their victims.
Investigation by the Taskforce revealed that the suspect and his cohorts have been long in this illegal business across the state, arresting people who ignore pedestrian bridges.
The suspect claimed to be making an average of N8,000 to N10,000 per day from arrested pedestrians who would prefer not to be prosecuted in court.