- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Togolese man extort N300,000 monthly from Lagosians by impersonating Task Force
Lagos State Task Force arrest Togolese man for extortion and impersonation.
Operatives of the Lagos State Task Force, over the weekend, arrested a 35-year-old Togolese man identified as Friday Kojo around Ikeja railway line, for impersonation and extortion with a fake Lagos Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC) identity card.
The suspect and 3 others who are currently at large, paraded themselves as officers of LAGESC with fake identity cards in disguise and defrauded their victims.
Investigation by the Taskforce revealed that the suspect and his cohorts have been long in this illegal business across the state, arresting people who ignore pedestrian bridges.
The suspect claimed to be making an average of N8,000 to N10,000 per day from arrested pedestrians who would prefer not to be prosecuted in court.