10 Foods that You Should Eat Daily for Clean Arteries
Clogged arteries do not occur overnight. The blockage develops over time. Diet and lifestyle choices play a key role in the development of this condition.
3. Green Tea
Green tea contains powerful antioxidants that can help keep your arteries clean and healthy.
The antioxidants also play a key role in improving the health of the delicate endothelial cells lining the blood vessels, which in turn lowers the risk of heart disease.
A 2004 study published in Circulation Journal found that green tea intake was associated with a lower incidence of coronary artery disease (CAD) in the study population in Japan. Therefore, the more green tea that patients consume, the less likely they are to have CAD.
Another study published in Current Medicinal Chemistry in 2008 reports that catechins found in green tea are important for normal vascular function and may help prevent and treat vascular diseases.
A 2016 study published in the Journal of Vascular Surgery reports that abdominal aortic aneurysm – a condition in which the main artery becomes overstretched and bloated – developed less frequently in rats that received oral administration of epigallocatechin-3-gallate, a major component of green tea polyphenols, for several weeks.
Drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea each day is all that you need to reduce arterial blockage.
- PHOTOS: Huge Setback As Fire Guts Largest COVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Plant
- Lil Wayne thanks Donald Trump for granting him presidential pardon
- Anglican church suspends retired archbishop for sleeping with married woman
- Reactions Trail As Alleged Leaked Chats Between Omotola’s Husband And Side Chic Surface Online
- Bobrisky Reacts To Reports Of Crashed Relationship With Tonto Dikeh
- Police constable, serving soldier nabbed for alleged armed robbery in Ondo
- Yes, I’m a gay – Bolu, son of former presidential aide, Doyin Okupe reveals