- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
Here are 5 wonderful health benefits of eating Corn
Results from recent research show that an ear of corn has about the same number of calories as an apple…and less than one/fourth of sugar.
2. It prevents diabetes and hypertension
The regular consumption of corn kernels has been shown to help manage on-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM)which results from an imbalance between insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion.
The presence of phenolic phytochemicals in it also helps protect against hypertension. Additionally, this phytochemicals assists in regulating the absorption and release of insulin in the body, thus reducing the chances of spikes and drops for diabetic patients and enabling them to maintain a normal lifestyle.