- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
Kate Henshaw Praises Kunle Afolayan As Role In Roti Movie Bags AMAA 2018 Nomination
Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw is feeling on top of the world as her role in Kunle Afolayan’s movie, ‘Roti’ has earned her best actress nomination for 2018 Africa Movie Academy Award.
Here is how the actress who was nominated last week praised the movie producer and other crew members.
“When @kunleafo approached me about the story “ROTI”, he said he wrote it with me in mind, I didn’t believe him… I thought he wanted a discount on my fees,” she said on Facebook.
“Fast forward to last week Friday @amaawards_ nomination night and I found out I was a nominee..
“Thank you @amaawards_
“Kunle pushed me and there were times I resented him!! E no send me…He wanted what he wanted.
“@yinka.edward, one of the most gentle and focused cinematographers I know did an awesome job.
“Uncle Pat Nebo did his usual magic with the set design..
“Kunle’s son Darisimire was a true actor….
“Jamiu, Segun and the rest of the crew were truly amazing…
“This nomination is for us all…
“Like Kunle would say ‘IRE’”
The movie which stars Fathia Balogun, Kunle Afolayan, Darimisire Afolayan, Toyin Oshinaike, Kate Henhaw and others was centered on how , years after a couple loses their son called Roti to a brief illness, the wife sees a boy called Juwon who is an exact replica of her dead son. After discovering that Juwon is not a reincarnation of Roti, she is washed anew by grief and soon descends into depression and consequent hysteria.
Kunle Afolayan who initially planned to use Roti and his two other movies as a TV series later upgraded them into films