- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
A four storey building under construction on Friday collapsed in Utako area of Abuja. Workers including some foreigners are reportedly trapped in the building said to have been abandoned for over two years.
At least 18 people are trapped beneath the rubble of a four-storey building which collapsed around 1.30pm in the Jabi area of Abuja.
Our correspondent who is at the scene reported that the building which was under construction when it collapsed had over 25 people inside.
Rescue officials were said to have rescued about six persons while a corpse has been evacuated.
However, the heavy rain has also hampered rescue operations.
Eyewitness who spoke in condition of anonimity , told newsmen that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Another eyewitness ,while blamming security agencies for the death of the two victims, said that they were called more than two hours of the incident without response.
One of the police officers told our correspondent at the scene that, “We have been able to rescue six persons. Two people have been confirmed dead while three have been rushed to the hospital.
Watch video below.
Can’t see video? Click to watch on Youtube
Be the first to get viral videos, Click to subscribe to our youtube channel