- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
A four storey building under construction on Friday collapsed in Utako area of Abuja. Workers including some foreigners are reportedly trapped in the building said to have been abandoned for over two years.
At least 18 people are trapped beneath the rubble of a four-storey building which collapsed around 1.30pm in the Jabi area of Abuja.
Our correspondent who is at the scene reported that the building which was under construction when it collapsed had over 25 people inside.
Rescue officials were said to have rescued about six persons while a corpse has been evacuated.
However, the heavy rain has also hampered rescue operations.
Eyewitness who spoke in condition of anonimity , told newsmen that the building collapsed because it was built with substandard materials.
Another eyewitness ,while blamming security agencies for the death of the two victims, said that they were called more than two hours of the incident without response.
One of the police officers told our correspondent at the scene that, “We have been able to rescue six persons. Two people have been confirmed dead while three have been rushed to the hospital.
Watch video below.
Can’t see video? Click to watch on Youtube
Be the first to get viral videos, Click to subscribe to our youtube channel