- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
A white Hiace bus belonging to Chimezie Motors Nigeria Limited with registration number JJT 905 XB, was intercepted on Wednesday.
“This is national security. Though they are not much but the damage that will be done will be much, that is why we seized them,” Mohammed Aliyu, the unit boss, told journalists in Lagos Thursday.
Aliyu disclosed that his unit also seized 22 cars, including nine bulletproof cars.
He said the cars worth about N1.2 billion, were intercepted inside a bush in Idiroko axis of Ogun State while others were kept in hidden warehouses in Lagos.
“This is the second time I will be briefing the press since I was here. The first time, I told you how we seized contraband goods worth N1.5 billion within 2 weeks in office.
“Now, we have seized 22 cars which nine are bulletproof worth about N9.27million while other non-bulletproof worth N2.4 million.”
He said his officers intercepted 11,000 bags of 50 kilogrammes rice barely one month after it seized 3,000 bags.
“We seize bags of rice on daily basis. If you wait a bit, you will see my officers bring in seized bags of rice. Most times. They come in convoy and immediately they see our officers, some will escape while others arrested.”
Other seizures made include 25 litres of vegetable oil and 245 parcels of India hemp worth N19 million.
“We don’t have any arrested suspects. They ran away. If you are in the bush, they always come in twos-they and passenger”, he said.
“Immediately you flag them, they will know they are in danger. They will abandon the vehicle and run away. That is why we did not (make) any arrest.”