Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

JUST IN: INEC speaks on postponement of Saturday’s presidential, national assembly elections

by Davies Ngere Ify
February 16, 2019
in Politics
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Earlier we published a report regarding the postponement of the Presidential and NASS election, in that regards,  the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has debunked reports that the body was planning to postpone Saturday’s elections.

Presidential and National Assembly elections are scheduled to hold in few hours.

National Commissioner for Voter Education and Publicity at INEC, Mr. Festus Okoye, told DAILY POST Friday night that Nigerians should ignore the rumours.

His words: “If stories are flying about, allow the stories to fly. What they are reporting is not true.”

READ ALSO

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

POWER REALIGNMENT: Does Obi’s exit to ADC threaten Labour Party’s future?

HEADS-UP: How APC’s two-thirds hold strengthens its command of the national assembly

ANALYSIS: Is the senate becoming a refuge for ex-governors?

Asked to respond to information that INEC commissioners were in a meeting, Okoye said: “Yes we are in a meeting but we have not taken such decision.

“This is election period and as commissioners, we meet every time”.

Meanwhile, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, said his camp had foiled a plan to rig the polls in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari.

However, the recent development of INEC offices being set ablaze in Abia, Anambra, and Plateau states by ‘mysterious fire’, where thousands of electoral materials were burnt, could be major threat to the election.

Also, earlier on Friday, the commission in Niger State announced that elections for the senatorial positions of Niger East and Niger North may not hold on Saturday as the ballot papers meant for the zone were missing.

RELATED STORYPosts

Tinubu, ChiefPriest and Nnamdi Kanu
Entertainment

Is South-East Nigeria’s support for Tinubu key to Kanu’s release and an Igbo Presidency? – ChiefPriest’s 2027 Election proposal

by Samuel David
February 19, 2026
Tinubu
Politics

2027 Election: Who are the key Monarchs behind Tinubu’s South-South push?

by Samuel David
February 18, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

Terrorists kill 34 in Kebbi attack

by Afolabi Hakim
16:11 Feb 19, 2026

No fewer than 34 people lost their lives after terrorists suspected to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName