- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
“Buhari has not been good to Nigerians” – Ruggedman says as he gives reason
Popular rapper, Ruggedman in an interview with Sunday Scoop said he is not supporting Buhari because his first term as president has not been good to Nigerians, including entertainers.
The rapper also spoke on his membership of the Creative Industry Group, a coalition of entertainers who endorsed Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party for the presidential poll, disclosed that he once declined being running mate to an Abia governorship candidate.
Ruggedman who did not name the politician or party whose offer of being a running mate he declined, told Sunday Scoop that he was not ready for such.
“A governorship candidate in Abia State actually asked me to be his running mate but I declined. For now, I don’t want it. I prefer to fight for the masses at the moment. I am not interested in running for an elective position.
“Felix Duke told me about the group but I still need to find out what it is about, though they told me they are supporting Atiku.
“I have been quiet until recently when I rallied support for Fela Durotye on social media. I support every other candidate except President Muhammadu Buhari because his first term as president has not been good to Nigerians, including entertainers. Left to me, I prefer one of the younger candidates as the president. However, Atiku is the only one close enough to give Buhari a fight; I don’t think others have what it takes to win.”