- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
The moment a man was shot dead inside Senator Ayogu Eze’s house in Enugu (Video)
It was a sorrowful moment after a man identified as Sunday Odo, was shot at the home of Senator Ayogu Eze, the Enugu State gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Umuonu-Umuida, Enugu-Ezike.
It was gathered that the deceased is the younger brother to APC House of Assembly candidate in Igbo-Eze North, Okwy Odo.
Watch the video below.
Circumstances surrounding the shooting is still unclear but there are claims he was shot “accidentally’ by a police officer during a disagreement between the angry supporters of Senator Eze and the election observers.
The supporters are said to be aggrieved over the removal of his name from the final list published by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The area has been cordoned off and a combined team of police and military were seen headed to the scene of the incident.
After the shooting, the observer group were rescued by a combined team of the police and army.
“We were almost killed there; as we drove into Ayogu’s compound, the mob descended on us. They first threw a cap with Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s picture into our vehicle and branded us PDP supporters.
“They shot at one of us and he was reeling in a pool of his blood while the rest of us was held hostage until the police came to our rescue,” one of them claimed.