- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Ibadan Yahoo Boys bursted in hideout, five exotic cars, laptops recovered
The operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibadan Zonal Office have arrested six `Yahoo’ boys and recovered five different models of exotic cars and laptops.
No fewer than six suspected internet fraudsters were on Tuesday arrested when operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibadan zonal office raided their suspected hideout at the Kolapo Ishola Estate, Akobo area of the Oyo state capital city.
The early morning burst, according to sources in the commission, followed series of petitions from residents of the community detailing the alleged illegal activities of the suspects.
Ranging between the ages of 24 and 30 years, the suspects are Tella Adefemi Ibrahim, Awoniyi Adeseye Abiodun, Oladele Olawale Wasiu, Olabiti Afeez Ajibola, Akeredolu Oluwafemi Temidayo and Oyaremi Olalekan Olabode.
The EFCC source added that the series of intelligence gathered on them suggested that they are neck deep in fraudulent activities ranging from love scam to other forms of internet frauds through which they obtain money from unsuspecting victims.
Items recovered for the suspects include five different models of exotic cars, laptops, mobile phones and several documents containing false pretences from the suspects.