- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Photo of Kidnappers that abducted Fire Service Boss in Lagos
Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two suspects, Blessing Bayo and Smart Alfred, for allegedly abducting the state’s fire service boss, Rasaki Musibau, and six others on Saturday.
The state’s Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana, had in a statement confirmed that Musibau and the six other victims had been released by their abductors around 11:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
The other victims were identified as Mufutau Adams, Funmilayo Adelumo, Asiogu Martha, Lasisi Muka and two others, whose identities are yet to be confirmed.
The gunmen laid siege to the Iwoye Bridge around 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, when Musibau, who was on his way to Epe, and the other victims, who were travelling to different destinations, were abducted
Elkana in a statement on Wednesday said, “Following a sustained and well-coordinated operations by the Command’s Tactical teams led by the Officer in Charge of Anti Kidnapping Unit, SP Bulus Musa, two members of the kidnapping gang that abducted the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Rasaki Musibau and six others on Saturday, April 6, 2019, around 8:00 p.m. were arrested.
“The suspects namely, Blessing Bayo, 29, and Smart Alfred, 32, all of Arogbo, Ondo State, were arrested on Wednesday, April 10, 2019, around, 5:30 a.m., at Ibafun, along Ikorodu- Ijebu Ode Express Way, a boundary community with Ogun State and they all confessed to the commission of the crime.
“Two single barrel guns were recovered from them. Investigation is ongoing. Efforts are in place to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.”