- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
2 Italian Police Officers hospitalized after being attacked by a Nigerian asylum seeker
According to reports, a Nigerian assylum seeker has been arrested in Italy after allegedly attacking and injuring two policemen in Vicenza, Italy.
It was gathered that the Nigerian man was stopped by officials during a simple identification check and he refused to submit his documents while allegedly insulting the officers.
When the situation got out of control, other Nigerian migrants gathered and surrounded the police officers in an attempt to prevent their compatriot’s arrest.
The police had to call for re-inforcement to calm the tension. When more officers arrived, the Nigerian man allegedly attacked them and bit one in the hand, leading to an injury.
The situation further degenerated as other migrants blocked the police during the chaos. The Nigerian asylum seeker was later arrested as it was discovered that he’s in Italy with a permit for humanitarian reasons.
The two injured officers were rescued and transported to the San Bortolo hospital in Vicenza to be treated