- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
The suspects, who are between the ages of 20 to 35 were apprehended at their hideout in a hotel at Uromi after a tip-off.
Upon their arrest, 23 phones and three laptops were recovered from them. Three luxury cars, Lexus R330, C300 4 Matic and GLK 350 4Matic were also recovered from them.
The raid which was sequel to series of intelligence gathering by operatives of the zone is in line with the directive of the acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu to rid the state and indeed the entire country of internet fraud and cybercrime.
The suspects have made useful statements and will soon be charged to court.
This is coming days after the Ibadan zonal office of the EFCC on Friday arraigned one Akeredolu Oluwafemi Temidayo (a.k.a. Susan Henderson) before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court 2, sitting in Ibadan, Oyo State.