- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
Judge withdraws from presidential poll tribunal
Justice Zainab Bulkachua, President of the Court of Appeal and Chairman of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT), on Wednesday recused herself from the petition filed by Atiku Abubakar and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
This followed an allegation that Justice Bulkachuwa was likely to be biased in view of her husband and son being members of the APC.
Atiku and his party, PDP, had gone to court to challenge the outcome of the recently concluded presidential election which was won by President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).