- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Judge withdraws from presidential poll tribunal
Justice Zainab Bulkachua, President of the Court of Appeal and Chairman of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT), on Wednesday recused herself from the petition filed by Atiku Abubakar and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
This followed an allegation that Justice Bulkachuwa was likely to be biased in view of her husband and son being members of the APC.
Atiku and his party, PDP, had gone to court to challenge the outcome of the recently concluded presidential election which was won by President Muhammadu Buhari of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).