- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Court remands two in prison for internet fraud
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office on May 28, 2019 arraigned two suspected Internet fraudsters at a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin.
The suspects, Johnson Okuselu and Akande Saheed, were arraigned on two separate charges before Justice Sikiru Oyinloye.
They both pleaded “guilty” to the charges. Counsel for the EFCC, A.A. Adebayo, told the Court that the defendants had entered into a plea bargain agreement with the Commission.
He, thus, asked the court to give a date for the prosecution to call its star witness in order to review the facts of the case. Justice Oyinloye, thereafter, adjourned the case to June 8, 2019 for reviewing of facts, and ordered that the defendants be remanded in EFCC custody.