- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
Court remands two in prison for internet fraud
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office on May 28, 2019 arraigned two suspected Internet fraudsters at a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin.
The suspects, Johnson Okuselu and Akande Saheed, were arraigned on two separate charges before Justice Sikiru Oyinloye.
They both pleaded “guilty” to the charges. Counsel for the EFCC, A.A. Adebayo, told the Court that the defendants had entered into a plea bargain agreement with the Commission.
He, thus, asked the court to give a date for the prosecution to call its star witness in order to review the facts of the case. Justice Oyinloye, thereafter, adjourned the case to June 8, 2019 for reviewing of facts, and ordered that the defendants be remanded in EFCC custody.