- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Muslim cleric rapes 5-year-old girl inside mosque
Abdulsalam Salaudeen, a cleric, was on Monday remanded by an Ikeja sexual offences and domestic violence court for allegedly defiling a five-year-old girl in a mosque.
Abiola Soladoye, the presiding judge, who obliged the prosecutor’s request for the remand, adjourned the case till October 14 for trial.
Salaudeen, 43, is being tried for allegedly defiling the child, who was under his tutelage.
M.T. Olanrewaju-Dawodu, the prosecutor, told the court that Salaudeen allegedly committed the offence on December 22, 2018, within the premises of Olorunbabe mosque at 15, Palace road, Igando, Lagos.
Olanrewaju-Dawodu said Salaudeen, popularly called “Alfa”, was caught defiling the child via the footage of a hidden camera which was installed within the premises of the mosque by suspicious individuals.
The defendant, residing at 16, Awoyemi St., Ikotun, Lagos, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened section 137 of the criminal law of Lagos state, 2015.