- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
Muslim cleric rapes 5-year-old girl inside mosque
Abdulsalam Salaudeen, a cleric, was on Monday remanded by an Ikeja sexual offences and domestic violence court for allegedly defiling a five-year-old girl in a mosque.
Abiola Soladoye, the presiding judge, who obliged the prosecutor’s request for the remand, adjourned the case till October 14 for trial.
Salaudeen, 43, is being tried for allegedly defiling the child, who was under his tutelage.
M.T. Olanrewaju-Dawodu, the prosecutor, told the court that Salaudeen allegedly committed the offence on December 22, 2018, within the premises of Olorunbabe mosque at 15, Palace road, Igando, Lagos.
Olanrewaju-Dawodu said Salaudeen, popularly called “Alfa”, was caught defiling the child via the footage of a hidden camera which was installed within the premises of the mosque by suspicious individuals.
The defendant, residing at 16, Awoyemi St., Ikotun, Lagos, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened section 137 of the criminal law of Lagos state, 2015.