- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Nigerian inmate breaks out of India Prison
A 31 -year-old Nigerian who was lodged in a special cell in central prison in Trichy, Tamil Nadu in India escaped from confinement on Friday, triggering a man hunt by the police.
The imprisoned Nigerian, identified as Stephen Paul, 31, was found missing in the morning. Following this, police commissioner A Amalraj and other officers visited the camp and conducted enquiries.
The police have also sent his picture to all police stations, urging his recapture.
It was suspected that he might have escaped by jumping the 25-foot-compound wall. The special prison is under the administration of revenue officials, with security provided by Tamil Nadu special police battalion, Trichy.
Paul is accused of illegal stay in Tiruppur and has been in prison since July 2018. He was booked for attacking a Sri Lankan Tamil and a case was registered in KK Nagar police. Though he has served his sentence for both cases, he was not released.