Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • REPORT A STORY
  • PRIVACY POLICY
  • CONTACT
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)
No Result
View All Result
WITHIN NIGERIA
No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE

No life lost in collapsed building in Enugu – Police

by Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
September 13, 2019
in Metro
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Police Command in Enugu State has said that no life was lost in the collapsed three storey building under construction in Enugu metropolis.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said this in a statement in Enugu on Friday.

Amaraizu said that the incident took place on Wednesday around Monarch Avenue axis of Independence Layout in Enugu metropolis.

“From preliminary investigations, it is clear that no life was lost in the incident and no other property was lost rather than the collapsed building under construction.

READ ALSO

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

How Long Can Anambra Survive the Sit-at-Home Market Shutdown?

Enugu: Family In Pains As 26-Year-Old Twin Member Goes Missing

Anambra Residents Snub Gov. Soludo, Observe Sit-At-Home

“The members of the public should discountenance any other information to the contrary on the incident being circulated in the social media,’’ he said.

According to him, the cause of the incident is yet to be established.

“Investigation on the incident is still on as the Command plans to get to the bottom of the matter,’’ he said.

However, an eyewitness, Mr Clifford Eze, said that the collapsed might be due to use of sub-standard building materials and engineers to execute the project.

Eze, who is one of the residents of the area, said that the block work for the uncompleted building had already been completed and was at the verge of being roofed.

RELATED STORYPosts

Metro

N2.4bn Fraud: Ex-Nexim MD, Robert Orya’s Trip to 490 Years Sentence

by Sodiq Lawal Chocomilo
February 9, 2026
Makoko house demolition
Metro

Inside the ongoing controversy over Makoko demolition and 10,000 Lives displaced

by Samuel David
February 5, 2026

Discussion about this post

JUST IN

El-Rufai and Ribadu: Blurring the lines of genuine activism and unsettling rabble-rousing

by Afolabi Hakim
22:04 Feb 16, 2026

He however needs to know that there should be a limit to…

WITHIN NIGERIA

WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD.

NEWS, MULTI MEDIA

WITHIN NIGERIA is an online news media that focuses on authoritative reports, investigations and major headlines that springs from National issues, Politics, Metro, Entertainment; and Articles.

Follow us on social media:

CORPORATE LINKS

  • About
  • Contacts
  • Report a story
  • Advertisement
  • Content Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
 
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • WHO IS WITHIN NIGERIA?
  • CONTACT US
  • PRIVACY
  • TERMS

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName

No Result
View All Result
  • HOME
  • FEATURES
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • MORE
    • VIDEOS
    • GIST
    • PIECE (ARTICLES)

© 2022 WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. designed by WebAndName