- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
PHOTO: 30-year-old father defiles 12 years old daughter in Ogun
Men of Ogun State Police Command have arrested a 30-year-old driver identified as Solomon Ogundetu for defiling his 12-year-old daughter.
The 30-year-old driver was reportedly to have been having sexual intercourse with the only duaghter from the union after he got separated from his wife last year
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the child a primary school student reported her father’s sexual exploits to the teacher after she could no longer bear it again. The teacher confided in a community leader, Alhaji Obamuyiwa Semiu which led to the arrest of the suspect.
While reacting to the incident, the spokesperson of the Ogun State Police Command, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed that Alhaji Semiu repeatedly reported the alleged crime to the Imeko Divisional Police headquarters.
“The victim, a primary school pupil confided in one of her teachers that her father has been having carnal knowledge of her since last year with threat to kill her if she dare tell anybody. But when she can no longer bear it, she has to inform her teacher who in-turn informed the Alhaji.
“The DPO Imeko Division, Monday Unuigbe detailed his detectives to the suspect’s house where he was promptly arrested. The suspect who is a driver confessed to the commission of the crime when interrogated.
“Investigation revealed that he has separated from the mother of the girl for years now and the girl is the only product of the union. The victim has been taken to general hospital for medical care and report,” he stated.
According to Abimbola, the suspect would be transferred to the Anti -Human Trafficking and Child Labour unit of the State criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.